DECEMBER 2013 STATISTICS
In December 2013, LSP:
Opened 35 cases for legal representation
- 12 Family Visa cases
- 5 Naturalization cases
- 7 VAWA/U-Visa cases (for 11 individuals)
- 10 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals cases
- 1 Special Immigrant Juvenile Status case
Provided 68 consultations to individuals and families
In December 2013, LSP closed 41 cases after providing the following benefits:
- 3 Family Petition Visas approved
- 2 Applications for Legal Permanent Residency
- 6 Applications for Naturalization
- 1 Application for Citizenship
- 10 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival approvals
- 13 U Visas for victims of crime, with work permits
- 4 Work Permits for Victims (VAWA)
- 1 SIJS/LPR (Residency for children who have been abused, abandoned, or neglected by their parents)
DECEMBER 2013 HIGHLIGHTS
December, 2013: Signed grant with the Mexican Consulate in El Paso that awarded the LSP $10,000 to provide legal services to Mexican Citizens. This grant formalized the referral network between the two entities.
NOVEMBER 2013 STATISTICS
In November 2013, LSP:
Opened 37 cases for legal representation
- 16 Family Visa cases
- 5 Naturalization cases
- 9 VAWA/U-Visa cases (for 10 individuals)
- 7 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals cases
Provided 48 consultations to individuals and families
In November 2013, LSP closed 23 cases after providing the following benefits:
- - 3 Family Petition Visas approved
- - 10 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival approvals
- - 6 approved U Visa for victims of crime, with work permits
NOVEMBER 2013 HIGHLIGHTS
- November 7, 2013: Met with representatives from DMRS in El Paso, TX in order to gather information related to a future Citizenship Fair.
- November 9, 2013: Presented to about 25 individuals in a Citizenship class at the Gadsden branch of DACC about naturalization and LSP services.
- November 9, 2013: LSP office worked together to make a panel for the ACLU-sponsored Border Quilt, which is part of the “Revitalize not Militarize” campaign.
- November 12, 2013: Met with representatives of Senator Heinrich’s office in order to coordinate resources for future Citizenship Fair.
- November 13-15, 2013: Entire LSP staff attended 2-day training on Family-based Immigration Law in El Paso, TX, and took a tour of the American Consulate in Cd. Juarez, Mexico.
- November 15, 2013: Participated in Ad Hoc Committee collaboration to help support a Great Conversation related to immigration at the Nason House on NMSU campus. About 60 people attended. LSP was participated in the DACA and Militarization conversations. At the event, participated in an interview for Telemundo.
- November 16, 2013: Presented LSP panel of Border Quilt at the ACLU inter-faith rally to bless the quilt.
- November 18, 2013: Attended inter-agency meeting at the Mexican Consulate in order to better collaborate services with other agencies assisting immigrants in the area.
- November 19, 2013: Attended radio interview on Spanish-speaking radio station La Gran D 98.7. Answered immigration-related questions on air.
- November 20, 2013: Signed contract with the Mexican Consulate that will establish a trust fund for the LSP to be able to more directly serve our clients.
- November 22, 2013: Presented at the Mexican Consulate open sessions about immigration processes.
- November 22, 2013: Spoke with CLINIC representative related to DACA program.
- November 23, 2013: Tabling event at the Convoy of Hope – provided information about LSP services to about 25 people, and LSP services were announced on the radio during the event.
- November 23, 2013: Participated in a DACA workshop organized by CAFe.
DACA FILING FEE HELP
Financial Assistance for is now offered for DACA filing fees. Some are loans, others are grants in aide. Please click on the following links for more information!
Need to contact the Legal Services Program? This is our phone number: (575) 203-1001
Our services are possible through the generous support of: / Nuestros servicios son posibles gracias al generoso apoyo de:
- The New Mexico Bar Association
- Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts (IOLTA), Center for Civic Values
- Catholic Diocese of Las Cruces
The mission of the Legal Services Program (LSP) of Catholic Charities is to be the legal medium through which the foreign-born in the border area can transform their economic, social, and cultural potential into vital economic productivity and effective social and political participation. We accomplish our mission by providing professional immigration legal services to moderate and low-income residents of the ten southern counties of New Mexico.
The LSP offers assistance with family-based petitions, citizenship and naturalization, and other immigration-related services. Currently we provide services from our office in Las Cruces, New Mexico and outreach to other regions within the service area.
Our Legal Services Program offers assistance with family-based petitions, citizenship and naturalization, and other immigration related services including the following:
- I – 130: Application for residence for immediate relatives
- N – 400: Application for Naturalization/Citizenship
- N – 600: Application for Certificate of Citizenship
- I – 485: Application to Register Permanent Residence
- I – 751: Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence
- I – 765: Application for Employment Authorization – Work Permit
- I – 864: Application for Affidavit of Support
I – 90: Application to Replace Alien Registration Card – “Green Card”
Programa de Servicios
Legales de Caridades Católicas (Click here for a brochure)
Caridades Católicas de la Diócesis de Las Cruces, una organización no lucrativa, a través de su Programa de Servicios Legales ofrece asistencia profesional en asuntos de inmigración para personas de bajos ingresos que viven en los diez condados del sur de Nuevo México.
Nuestro Programa de Servicios Legales ofrece asistencia con peticiones familiares, ciudadanía y naturalización, y otros servicios de inmigración incluyendo los siguientes:
- I -130: Aplicación de residencia para un familiar inmediato
- N – 400: Aplicación para naturalización /ciudadanía
- N – 600: Solicitud de certificado de ciudadanía
- I – 485: Aplicación para registro de residencia permanente
- I – 751: Petición para remover las condiciones sobre la residencia
- I – 765: Aplicación para obtener permiso de trabajo
- I – 864: Aplicación (afidávit) para carta de sostenimiento
- I – 90: Aplicación para renovar tarjeta de residencia
Contact the Legal Services Program:
|Phone: (575) 203-1001||Fax: (575) 203-9013|
|Physical Address:||Mailing Address:|
|424 N. Downtown Mall||P.O. Box 1613|
|Las Cruces, NM 88004||Las Cruces, NM 88004|
Interactive Whiteboards by PolyVision